Event date: June 7, 2017 - All Day
As the end of the semester approaches, so does the examination period for students. Examinations at Year 10 will occur throughout the week from Wednesday 7th of June – Tuesday 13th of June according to the attached timetable here
Year 10 students will only be required at school when they have a scheduled exam (except pre-Cal). Students must attend in full school uniform.
Pre-Cal students will attend normal classes during this time due to not sitting exams.
Every Year 10 student will be required to sit an examination in each of their subject areas.
Note: Examinations are compulsory for all students. A medical certificate should be supplied if a student is ill. Students who are absent from an examination will still be required to complete the examination and this is likely to occur after school.
- Students will be required to attend school when they have an exam scheduled. If your child is unable to go home after the examination, they may remain at school and access the school’s resources to prepare for the examinations. Please contact the college if you wish for this to occur.
- Normal classes for Year 10 students will be disrupted from Wednesday 7th of June through to Tuesday 13th of June. If a student misbehaves during the examination, they will be removed from the examination, and required to re-sit the examination at a time to be arranged.
- Students who are enrolled in VET will be expected to attend their VET classes as normal. An alternative exam date will be arranged to allow students to catch up on exams they have missed.
The Year 10 Student Planner has a number of articles that you may be able to work through with your child to assist them in preparing for the examination. These sections are:
- Test question confidence p16
- Test preparation p16
- Reviewing and Revising p52
- Tense feelings p102
- Test wording p180
Should you have any queries regarding the examination at Year 10, please feel free to contact myself at the college. I also encourage you to discuss any concerns that you may have regarding your child’s progress with his/hers Year Level Co-ordinator.
Lee Hauser Shane Cole
Head of Middle School Assistant Principal