The NDIS is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The NDIS start date in the Brimbank Melton Area is 1 October 2018. It is role of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to implement the NDIS.
Parents may be interested in attending an information session if their children are:
- Students receiving Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD) funding for Vision Impairment;
- Students enrolled at a Specialist School exclusively for students with Moderate to Profound Intellectual Disability;
- Students with disability transport program (Specialist School Bus, taxi or conveyance allowance);
- Personal care support at school (Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD) funding at level 4, 5 or 6; and/or Medical Intervention Support (MIS).
Information sessions available to parents are as follows;
- 31 July 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30pm at Victoria University Convention Centre
Gate 1, 460 Ballarat Road, Sunshine – Please register here via Eventbrite
- 1 August 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30pm at Overnewton Castle
51 Overnewton Road, Keilor – Please register here via Eventbrite
For additional information, visit: http://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/our-sites/vic
If you have any further questions please contact Azmiye Reddaway, Regional Disability Coordinator SWVR on 9194 6373.