At Kurunjang Secondary College we provide our students with a range of career development programs and services. The aim of these programs and services is to assist students to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours necessary to effectively self-manage their life, learning and work.
Programs and support services include:
- Individual careers counselling
- Careers resources
- Career development education
- Managed Individual Pathways and Career Action Plans
- Assistance with Structured Workplace Learning
- Course counselling
- Koorie Support and Education Learning Plans
Excursions and Incursions form an integral part of the Careers Development Program. This incorporates all year levels from 7 to 12 and includes:
- Junior Years – Building Blocks to Uni – (a program designed to introduce the concept of tertiary education to young students)
- Year 10 – Deakin University Experience Day
- Year 10 – Melbourne Careers Expo
- Year 11 / VCAL – Melton City Council Careers Expo
- Year 12 – TIS – (Tertiary Information Service) Students will primarily observe and learn, and undertake manageable tasks; they will not undertake activities that require extensive training or expertise.
All students complete at least one week of Work Experience during Year 10. This is compulsory and it provides students with an excellent opportunity to explore possible career directions, network and gain experience to include on their resume. Students will primarily observe and learn, and undertake manageable tasks; they will not undertake activities that require extensive training or expertise.
Students also complete Safe@work modules so they are fully aware of Occupational Health & Safety hazards in the workplace. Benefits of the programme include,
- Work alongside adults as part of a team to gain an understanding of work
- Develop and practice a range of new skills
- Become more independent and confident
- Relate the school curriculum to the workplace
- Increase motivation to continue their study and/or undertake further training
- Explore career options
Download the latest newsletter here: Careers Newsletter
If you wish to download any of our previous careers newsletters you can visit our Archive Page.
Please have a look at the new Careers Web Site KSC Careers